Posts Categorised: Latest News
The Stonehenge Block Party & Panel Quilt Challenge 2019 is here!
YOU COULD WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO ENGLAND!!!
Join the Stonehenge Block Party from March 15th – September 30th for the chance to win a trip for 2 to England! For full details, rules and more visit: https://bit.ly/2TmlTKi
Here’s more about the different elements of the Stonehenge Party: http://northcott.net/resource.aspx?resourceCatId=9
Get Started! Sign Up! And come see us at The Hen House to get your first Stonehenge Block kit!!!
To get The Hen House Stonehenge block kit, all you need to do is (if you cannot come by the shop) simply give us a call at 256-771-2040 with your payment and mailing address information and your block will be mailed right away! $7 in-store purchase, $10 by mail.
Give us a call today and get YOUR “Hen House Stonehenge” Block Kit!!!
How It Works:
To add to the fun and provide more opportunities to win prizes, 3 Hens is hosting a Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge!
- Quilters are challenged to use the Solstice panel in a creative way to make a quilt no larger than 60”x 60”. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79.
- The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice.
- The quilt must be finished-quilted and bound. The binding must be a Stonehenge fabric.
- Each participating shop runs their own in-store contest and accepts their local entries.
- You must physically submit your panel quilt to your local participating Block Party quilt shop by November 30th 2019. 3 Hens will judge entries and pick a winner, who will receive a Stonehenge Precut prize!
Can’t wait to see those Panel Quilts! Good Luck!!
Congratulations to NANCY TURNER, winner of the Martelli table giveaway!
Thank you to all our LOYAL CUSTOMERS and MARTELLI – YOU’RE THE BEST!!!
Thank you to all our customers who came to the Martelli Demonstration! We would like to offer ALL of you a chance to WIN A MARTELLI TABLE of Your Very Own!
Martelli Table Giveaway!!!
~*~ From Feb 1 to March 8, 2019 ~*~
For every $100 spent at The Hen House, your name will be entered for a chance to win a Martelli “Advantage” Workstation!
Complete with Martelli Leg Lift System &
Set of Martelli Templates!
(Retail value $5,525)
No limit to number of entries!
Drawing will be held end-of-day March 8, 2019
(Need not be present to win. Must be picked up.)
So, come by The Hen House now through March 8th and get your name in the drawing!!!
See you at The Hen House!
Hey, Quilters! They’re Baaaack – Sewing Machine Cleaning!
Chris will be doing the semi-annual sewing machine cleaning at 3 Hens & A Chick Quilt Shop on Saturday, February 9, 2019 beginning at 10 AM.
Please bring your machines to our shop between Monday, February 4 to Friday, February 8. We will NOT be taking machines on the day of the cleaning. The fee is still $45 per machine. Chris will clean all brands of machines and will let you know if he spots any issues during his cleaning process.
Have you heard What’s Happening at the Hen House next week?
Lots of activities just for YOU…
- Tuesday – January 29th – Martelli will be in the house for a demonstration of their products! If you haven’t seen their products, you are in for a treat. Door prizes and FUN for all…Remember to call shop (256-771-2040) to reserve your spot as seating is limited!
- Wednesday – January 30th – We say farewell to our Mother Hen, Vicki. She will be at the quilt shop from 11 AM – 1 PM for you to come share stories and wish her well. We will have a few snacks to enjoy while you visit.
- Thursday – January 31st – The short bolt sale (3 yards or less) 31% discount continues. This is a program we implemented last year and was well received by our customers. It helps clear out our smaller bolts of fabric giving us space to bring in new fabrics! A win-win for everyone!!
Remember to check the class list on our web site and sign up for those that are of interest to you.
See you at the Hen House!!
You’re Invited to JOIN US as we share our
as she flies the Coop!
Come give her a big ol’
Hen House Hug!
Bring a friend or two and enjoy some light refreshments.
Help us Thank Vicki for starting this sweet little quilt shop!
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
11am to 1pm
See Ya’ at the Hen House!
1114 US 31 South, Suite B
Athens AL 35611
Join us for a demonstration of their tables, rotary cutters, rulers, etc. We invite you to join us on Tuesday – January 29th, 2019 for some FUN and great DOOR prizes.
Demonstrations will be held at 10:30 AM and again at 1:30 PM. Call us at (256) 771-2040 to sign up at the Hen House for one of the sessions. Seating is limited.
It’s a New Year and we have a new look! We spent some time over the holidays sprucing up the Hen House, so come on down to see what’s new. While you’re here, why not sign up for a new class!
There are several openings in these classes:
LAP PILLOW – Do you have hand and shoulder fatigue or pain when sewing binding by hand or doing applique work? Here is a fun project to help! CLASS DATE: Wednesday – January 9th (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM) right after the Modern Guild meeting.
QUATREFOIL LAP QUILT: This is a two-class project that is being offered on a Saturday (for our customers that cannot make classes on weekdays). CLASS DATE: Saturday – January 12th and February 9th (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM) . If you can make the weekday class: Monday – January 14th and February 11th (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
JELLY ROLL DRAG RACE: Do you have a jelly roll you don’t know what you want to do with? Here is fun, fast project! CLASS DATE: Thursday – January 17th and February 21st (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
See you at the Hen House soon!!!
The Hen House would like to wish all our fabulous customers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Our Pre-Inventory Sale will be Friday & Saturday (December 28th & 29th). All regular priced merchandise on the sales floor will be discounted 35%. All pre-cuts, notions, books and fabrics (minimum 1 yard cuts).. SALE EXCLUDES: Fat Quarters and thread. Cannot be combined with other discounts. Be sure to check our classroom for clearance items at 45% discount.
Our Holiday Store Schedule is:
CLOSED: Monday – December 24th through Wednesday – December 26th
OPEN: Thursday – December 27th (Quilts of Valor sewing group meets)
Friday (10 AM – 5 PM) – December 28th
Saturday (10 AM – 2 PM) – December 29th
CLOSED: Monday – December 31st through Wednesday – January 2nd
OPEN: Thursday – January 3rd with regular store hours
Our 2018 graduates from our teen/preteen sewing class. The class was held once a week for 4 weeks during the month of July. They learned to sew, quilt and bind their quilts. Congratulations to you all. You did a wonderful job.
3HensAndAChick.Com | TruWebHost.Com